Biblical and Constitutional Politics
Why Vote Republican?
Why Vote Democrat?
By Gary F. Zeolla
Following is a list of President Trump’s accomplishments since he took office in January 2016. If Donald Trump were not President, none of this would have happened. And if he did not have a Republican Congress working with him, much of this would not have been possible. Consider all of this before you vote in the midterm elections.
1. Bustling economy
2. Tax cuts for all workers
3. Bonuses for millions of Americans
4. Highest consumer confidence in many years
5. Easing of regulations on businesses
6. 300+ executive actions reducing bureaucracy
7. Rescinding the worse aspects of Obamacare, the corporate and personal mandates
8. 4.2% economic growth in 2nd quarter of 2018
9. 3.5% economic growth in 3rd quarter of 2018
10. Six straight quarters of >2% of economic growth
11. GDP on pace for best year since 2005
12. <4% unemployment rate
13. Record low unemployment rates for minorities
14. Record low unemployment rates for women
15. Record low unemployment rates for 14 states
16. Companies moving back to the US
17. One million more job openings than people on unemployment
18. The first time job openings have exceed unemployment
19. Job openings at record 7.1 million
20. Wages are beginning to rise (just as I predicted would happen on my politics website)
21. 400,000 new manufacturing jobs
22. 4,000,000 people off of food stamps
23. Recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
24. US embassy being moved to Jerusalem
25. Improvements in border security
26. The Wall being built, despite Democrat opposition
27. 81,000 illegal aliens deported
28. MS 13 gang members being arrested and deported
29. Promise to stop caravans of 1,000s of illegal immigrants
30. Repeal of the unconstitutional law known as DACA
31. Improvement in Veteran’s Administration
32. Opening up of Anwar for drilling
33. Opening up off-shore drilling
34. Allowing construction of Keystone and Dakota oil pipelines
35. Increased funding for military
36. $6 Billion in new funding for opioid epidemic
37. Additional measures to combat opioid epidemic
38. Steps being taken to secure Social Security
39. Passed “right-to-try” allowing gravely ill patients to bypass FDA for experimental medicines
40. Plan to lower prescription drug costs.
41. Two Conservative Justices on the Supreme Court
42. Stood by Kavanaugh despite the unseemly attacks of the left
43. 26 conservative judges on Federal Appellate Courts
44. 41 judges on US District Courts
45. Pro-Life movement on an upswing
46. Taking the USA out of unconstitutional Paris Climate Accord
47. Taking the USA out of unconstitutional Iranian Nuclear Deal
48. Possibility of a denuclearized North Korean
49. North and South Korea talking again and working together
50. Release of US hostages from North Korea
51. Release of Pastor Andrew Brunson from Turkey
52. Total of 17 hostages released, without a penny paid in ransom
53. Release of the remains of 55 US soldiers from North Korea
54. Faulty NAFTA replaced by the much better USMCA
55. Improved trade deal with the European Union
56. Religious freedom protected in the US and around the world
57. Drawing and keeping a red line with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad
58. ISIS all but destroyed
59. No major terroristic attacks during Ramadan 2018, after many in previous years
60. Revived patriotism
61. Many meetings with foreign leaders
62. Improved relations with and increased respect from foreign countries
63. Obeying Congressional laws and the Constitution
64. Well-managed and effective responses to numerous natural disasters and tragedies
65. Exposure of the illegal activities of the deep state during the 2016 election
66. Ongoing investigations eventually leading to prosecutions of deep state actors
If you have not heard of all of these accomplishments, that is because the mainstream media’s coverage of President Trump has been 91% negative. They focus on the Trump/ Russian collusion hoax, Stormy Daniels, and any other scandal they can make up or on any of Trump’s comments they can twist into something negative, so as not to have to report about all of his achievements.
Meanwhile, former President Obama is trying to take credit for all of the good economic news reflected in the preceding list. But that is disingenuous, to say the least. It was the strength of the American capitalistic system that enabled the economy to rebound after the economic meltdown of 2018. It had nothing to do with Obama’s policies.
As Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway put it, “He [Obama] didn’t build that economy. President Trump did, and everybody knows it.”
In fact, Obama’s policies kept the rebound from the recession from happening quicker and being more robust. It was the slowest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression due to his unwise policies. Obama’s policies then kept the economy in a stagnate state, never exceeding 2% economic growth for any year of his presidency.
Things would have been even worse under Obama if the Federal Reserve Bank (aka, “the Fed”) wasn’t propping up the economy by lowering and keeping interested rates at 0% throughout Obama’s presidency. But once Trump took office, the Fed began raising interest rates, which have kept the economy from booming even more that it is. In fact, those raised rates are one reason the economy “only” grew by 3.5% in 3Q, down from the 4.2% in 2Q.
Meanwhile, Obama himself declared that manufacturing jobs “were never coming back” during the 2016 election. And they would not have under his policies. But thanks to Trump’s polices, they are coming back with a roar, as is the economy in general.
But if Democrats take control of Congress and later the Presidency, all of this good economic news and much else in this list of Trump’s accomplishments could be undone. That is why I support Trump and will vote for him again in 2020 and for Republicans this year.
But what will Democrats do if they take control of Congress in the midterm election this year and of the presidency in 2020? Following is what they have promised or would be logical consequences of their stated policies and their practices we have seen in recent weeks.
1. Impeach President Donald Trump
2. Investigate and impeach Justice Brett Kavanaugh
3. Tear the country more apart with these impeachments
4. Rescind the tax cuts, slowing down economic growth
5. Double-down on Obamacare
6. Medicare for all, at a cost of $32 trillion over ten years
7. Explode the national debt
8. Open borders
9. Allow caravans of illegal immigrants to enter US unfettered
10. Abolish ICE (Immigrations and Customs Enforcement)
11. Illegal aliens allowed to vote, receive government freebies
12. MS 13 gang members and drugs flowing freely into the USA
13. Loss of the rule of law, right to due process, and the presumption of innocence
14. Guilty by accusation without collaboration
15. Character assassinations
16. Identity politics
17. Mob rule
18. Police state tactics
20. Gun confiscation
21. Reduced religious freedom
22. Stopping of the investigations into the illegal activities of the deep state, so that no one will ever be prosecuted
As a lifelong Democrat close to me said to me after the raucous atmosphere outside the Kavanaugh swearing in ceremony put it, “Why would anyone vote for a Democrat?”
Why Vote Republican? Why Vote Democrat?. Copyright © 2018 by Gary F. Zeolla.
The above article was posted on this website October 22, 2018.
Articles 2018 Articles
Alphabetical List of Pages Contact Information
Text Search Biblical and Constitutional Politics